Sony HDRCX405 Handycam
This camera is one of the best video cameras on the market and makes for a great entry-level camera option. The sleek frame, large LCD screen, and high-resolution makes this camera a powerhouse for any user.
If you’re looking for a device that’s dedicated to shooting video, a camcorder is exactly what you’re looking for. Smartphones can shoot videos all day, but you’re not going to get near the quality that a camcorder can offer. With so many options out there, where do you start?
When it comes to choosing a camcorder, it’s important to think about what you need the video camera for – are you using it for sports or action filming? Are you wanting to use it for casual settings or are you wanting something that looks professional? Keeping your goals in mind will make narrowing down your choice much easier.
Fortunately, the more options you have, the easier it is to find exactly what you’re looking for. From 4k video to all day battery and even professional still photography built in, there’s something for everyone. We also understand that you have a budget – here is our list of the top 7 affordable cameras available today!
The Best Camcorders
1. Sony HDRCX405 Handycam
This camera is one of the best video cameras on the market and makes for a great entry-level camera option. The sleek frame, large LCD screen, and high-resolution makes this camera a powerhouse for any user. Here’s why we think this camcorder is great:
- 30x optical zoom and 60x Clear Image zoom lets you capture everything
- Automatically generates a highlight video taken from multiple video clips
- Face detection, noise reduction, and voice enhancement capabilities
- 1920x1080p HD quality video
- Image stabilization so you never miss out on the action
This budget-friendly video camera packs a serious punch – for a fraction of the cost, you’re getting all the same features and options that you’ll get with a much more expensive model. This Sony Handycam really offers value at a budget. For a high-end camera without the high-end price, check this one out today!
2. YI 4k Action and Sports Camera
If you’re someone who wants to film a lot of fast-paced action and sports, this is definitely the video camera for you. Coming in at an extremely affordable price, this stunning camera offers beautiful 4k recording for a fraction of the cost of other camcorders. It also has a unique body that doesn’t look like traditional camcorders – it resembles a disposable camera with a large LCD screen on the back, making it a unique and fun camera for someone on budget.
Here are some of the great features we know you’ll love:
- 4k video – shoot the highest-quality video possible at 30fps
- Long battery life – this incredible video camera can record up to two hours of 4k video on a full charge. Pair that with a high-capacity memory card and you’re all set. Gone are the days of not being able to record your special moments!
- The built-in touchscreen is large and easy to use and reinforced with Gorilla Glass
- Voice recognition – now you’re able to hold the camera steady and completely control it with your voice!
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity for easy instant sharing
You can take this camera with you wherever you go so you never miss another moment of the action. With a 155-degree wide angle lens and state of the art image stabilization, it’s easy to see why the YI 4k Action and Sports Camera is one of the best budget camcorders on the market.
3. Panasonic HCV180K Full HD Camcorder
One of the most affordable options on our list, the Panasonic HCV180K in no way sacrifices on quality. This one competes with some of the best handheld cameras available and it’s clear why. With a 1080p resolution and incredible zoom power, the Panasonic is a fantastic entry level camera that will suit most of your video recording needs.
Check out some of the fantastic features you’ll find on this camera:
- Sharp 1080p video with up to 90x zoom – some of the most powerful zooming available!
- Five-axis image stabilization that captures all the action clearly
- A large, 2.7-inch LCD screen with advanced brightness technology
- An advanced on-board mic to boost sound quality
The sleek body lets you take this camcorder with you virtually anywhere you go, and with top of the line zooming and image stabilization, you won’t miss a single shot. This well-rounded camera is one of our top recommendations for affordable camcorders!
4. Crenova Game and Trail Hunting Camera
string(57) "The ItemId B00LHB4IKY provided in the request is invalid."
No products found.
Steering away from traditional camcorders is the Crenova Game and Trail Hunting Camera. If you’re into hunting and the outdoors, this is a fantastic trail camera if you’re looking for quality on a budget. Durable enough to withstand the harshest conditions, this is a must-have for any hunter.
Here’s why we love the Crenova Game and Trail Hunting Camera:
- 12MP camera and 1080p HD video recording capabilities
- Runs on AA batteries – no more waiting to charge up the battery or buying expensive backup batteries, and no more taking the unit completely apart to change out the batteries
- Night vision – you can have still shots and footage in night vision up to 65 feet away!
- Password protected for an added layer of security
Hunting equipment can get expensive – your trail camera doesn’t have to be. This is one of the most affordable hunting cameras available and comes packed with some incredible features. Definitely try this one out on your next hunting adventure!
5. Panasonic HCV770 Full HD Camcorder
While slightly more expensive than some of the other models on our list of top affordable camcorders, the Panasonic HCV770 truly is one of the best values for your money. You’re getting all of the power and performance of the best camcorders in the world at an entry-level price. No matter what you need a video camera for, you’ll get top-quality performance with this one.
Check out why this camera is one of the best camcorders on the market:
- Exclusive Wi-Fi functions – connect your Bluetooth device, tablet, or even your baby monitor to the camcorder for endless possibilities
- Use your phone or tablet to remote shoot video – if you need remote access to control your camera, all it takes is downloading an app
- Broadcast live through USTREAM in full HD
- High Dynamic Range movies – make the most of your HD video capabilities
- Use your smartphone or tablet as a sub-camera to capture multiple angles
These really just scratch the surface of what this powerful camcorder can do. This camera is worth the investment – from family gatherings to sports outings and concerts, there’s nothing this camera can’t do. For a high-end camera at an affordable price, check this camera out today!
Action and adventure enthusiasts know how reliable a GoPro can be, and this one is the best one yet. Taking all of the greatness from its predecessors and improving upon them, the GoPro Hero5 is a must-have for any outdoor junkie.
Here’s what makes the GoPro Hero5 the best GoPro yet:
- Wide dynamic range and raw photo capture
- Easy to use touchscreen and voice control
- State of the art waterproof build
- Compact design that can go with you anywhere
- Easy video upload
GoPro fans have come to know and love these features – the GoPro Hero5 also has GPS, enhanced image stabilization, and the highest-quality photo and video available in a GoPro. If you have a sense of adventure, add this to your outdoor bag today!
The final camera on our list is actually a high-quality DSLR camera that won’t break the bank – most people know DSLRs for professional still photography, but many of them actually have incredible video capture capabilities like this one does. One of the most affordable DSLR cameras around, the Nikon D3300 is known for capturing incredible video.
Here’s why you should consider getting the Nikon D3300:
- Rated very highly by users for overall quality and price
- 2-megapixel camera and 1080p HD video capabilities – your still shots and videos are going to be incredible!
- Compact and lightweight so you can take it anywhere
- It comes with a lens kit so you don’t have to worry about purchasing additional lenses
If you’re looking for something versatile enough for still photography and videography, this should be at the top of your list. It’s stylish, compact, and extremely affordable for what you’re getting. Not only do you get incredible still shots, you’re getting some of the best video capturing capabilities on the market. For one of the best still photography and videography combination cameras available, check out the Nikon D3300!
While there are tons of great camcorders available, these are on our top list of affordable video cameras for a reason. Each one offers its own unique take on high-quality video recording – from action cameras like the GoPro Hero5 to professional still photography cameras like the Nikon D3300, there’s truly something for everyone.
We know that it can be tough to pick what you need in a camcorder, especially when you’re on a budget. Most companies highlight their most expensive options when you can really get high-quality video capturing without breaking the bank. Check out one of the options on our list to start capturing unforgettable videos today!